The option of in-person worship services is offered on Sundays at 7:30am in the Courtyard and at 9am, 11am in the Sanctuary, and at 6pm in the Courtyard, even as our online services continue. We encourage all of our members to continue to participate with us through our virtual worship and not interpret the addition of in-person worship as an indication that you should be coming to worship in person. In fact, we encourage you to continue to worship virtually, especially our at-risk members and visitors. We say this out of love and care for you and your health.
If you choose to attend in-person worship, we ask you to read the guidelines below.
Sanctuary Worship Guidelines:
- Consistent with current CDC and health department recommendations, masks are required by individuals while inside the Sanctuary. Visitors can bring their own mask or use one provided. Please keep your mask covering your mouth and nose throughout worship services at PCPC.
- Please wash your hands or use hand sanitizer prior to entering the Sanctuary.
- Please do not attend in person worship services if you have COVID 19, are currently quarantining or isolating due to exposure to COVID 19, or if you are exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19.
- Certain rows have been blocked off to allow for social distancing by visitors. We ask that you abide by the seating arrangement and not sit in rows that are roped off and closed for seating. Due to our social distancing measures, our Sanctuary capacity is 150 individuals.
- We will have music as part of each worship service. However, we ask that our congregation members and visitors refrain from singing during the in-person worship services.
- Parishioners are encouraged to determine their own risk factors before determining whether to return to in person worship services. Our services are live streamed from the Sanctuary as a way to help you participate during the worship service at the same time as those who are present in the Sanctuary. If you are over the age of 65 or considered at-risk and plan to attend an in-person worship service, we encourage you to consult with your personal physician for guidance before attending. We say this out of love and care for you.
The above guidelines and protocols provide a way for our congregation and visitors to come together in worship while following the guidance of the CDC and other health officials. In addition to requesting individuals and families to follow our guidelines, we have increased our sanitation efforts and removed the cushions from the pews in the Sanctuary. We have also removed the bibles and all other shared materials from the pews.
At this time the nursery will not be open during the worship services. Our Childrens and Families team is providing Godly Play at 9:30 a.m. via Zoom to provide children a chance to be more engaged in real-time. Additionally, we want to make it abundantly clear that families with children are welcome to any of the worship services at PCPC, and at 9am and 11am on Sundays there will be a “Prayground” area for children in the Courtyard.
We continue to monitor the guidance regarding our reopening protocols and we will update the website as changes are made.