A Message from Pastor John this weekend:
1) Tomorrow is Pentecost Sunday where we celebrate the gift of the Holy Spirit for the way it comforts, challenges, and exhorts us.
2) A special Followers of the Way discussion will be released Sunday 5/31, with the pastors talking about racism as seen in the past week, in recent years, and historic implications for Christians. What does scripture call us to do to help heal? You’ll be able to find that Followers of the Way discussion Sunday afternoon on our Facebook page, on palmaceia.org/videos, and on our YouTube channel.
3) The Vespers Service at 6pm Sunday will be a time to lift up prayers, including this nation’s leaders. You can send prayer requests to email@example.com. You’ll be able to see the service on palmaceia.org/videos at 6pm Sunday, or on our YouTube channel, or on our Facebook page.
4) At noon on Monday we’ll share in an interfaith National Memorial Service online for the 100,000+ who have died in the COVID-19 pandemic. See below for info about how to join.
5) From 12-12:05pm Monday our steeple bell will ring in remembrance of those who have died. We hope you can join us in virtual worship and study, discussion, and prayer this weekend. May the peace of the Spirit of Jesus Christ be with us all.
About Joining Monday’s Memorial Service:
Join the interfaith community on June 1st at noon to remember and honor the 100,000 individuals in the US who have died of COVID-19 in the past 3 months. We’ll join clergy across the nation in a day of remembrance and prayer for the healing of our nation.
We encourage people to ring bells from their porches, balconies, and lawns and for houses of worship and colleges/universities to ring bells. It is appropriate for flags to be lowered as well.
Because this is a vigil, we invite participation by all who are virtually present on Zoom. At one point in the service, you will be invited to participate by either holding up (in front of your camera) a sign with one word in bold print or paint that is your prayer or by holding up a lit candle or light.