Why We Hold the Mission and Ministry Fair
by Robert Mims
The Mission & Ministry Fair this year will be held Sunday, August 19th 9:30am-12:30pm in the Fellowship Hall with food trucks outside.
Our pastors point us toward the three B’s: Be Aware, Be Encouraged, Be Helpful. The Mission and Ministry Fair aims to highlight these three B’s.
So much is happening at PCPC it’s easy to overlook some really noteworthy things. For example:
- There were 12 new youth members confirmed this year.
- There were over 170 children who attended Vacation Bible School, with 63 participating in MusiCamp, and there were over 70 in the Volleyball program.
- 28 high school students were our hands in mission to hurricane victims in Houston for a week.
- 88 middle schoolers worked a week in local mission needs. 38 attended the Great Adventure trip in the Blue Mountains of Georgia.
- Both Haiti and Honduras had major short term medical mission trips created and were primarily attended by PCPC members in the last year.
- Did you know that the Palma Ceia Presbyterian Preschool was a model USF filmed as a best practices example, and that is used in universities and school districts all over the nation? Our preschool is a model for the nation!
- 13 of the 16 Ugandan students you have sponsored have graduated so far, and some hold jobs like air traffic controller instead of subsistence farmer.
- There is a new and exciting lineup of Faith Formation options for all ages starting this fall.
- That young families are bringing new babies to church in numbers, making us truly an intergenerational family and choosing a Christ-filled life for their families
- That last year you gave in Special Offerings, Christmas in Africa, and directed gifts combined, over $200,000. Only $30,000 of that came out of the budget — the rest were your directed gifts for things that clearly touched your hearts for compassion.
- That excellence in contemporary and traditional music continues to dramatically reinforce the depth of our worship in a very meaningful way.
There are opportunities that may fit your skills, your life circumstances, and your time availability — all waiting to be found at the Mission and Ministry Fair in the Fellowship Hall!
God may be calling you … Are you listening? … Will you attend?
The Mission & Ministry Fair this year will be held Sunday, August 19th 9:30am-12:30pm in the Fellowship Hall with food trucks outside!