Child and Youth Volunteer Opportunities
Palma Ceia offers several programs that focus on the development of our children and youth. The list below is a sample of some ways volunteers can participate in our programs:
- Christian Education – Sunday school education for children Pre-K 2 through grade 5
- Recreation Ministry – Basketball, Cheerleading, Girls Volleyball
- Middle & High School Youth Groups – Sunday school, weekly meetings, local events and mission trips
Volunteering with children and youth is fun! It is sometimes demanding, but volunteers always benefit from the enriching experience. Volunteers are provided with guidance and support from the Christian Education Director or the Youth Coordinator. Volunteers do not need to be biblical scholars or have deep knowledge of the Bible or scripture. All volunteers should be willing to share the love and stories of Jesus in a variety of formats.
To ensure the safety of adults, children and youth participating in our programs on and off campus, Palma Ceia has established a Child and Youth Protection Policy. All volunteers must read and agree to abide by this policy before serving in any volunteer role. Within this policy are some minimum requirements:
- Be a Palma Ceia Presbyterian church member at least 6 months OR a regular attendee for 1 year
- Be willing to submit personal information for a background check (rescreening will be done every 3 years)
To read the full policy, click here : PCPC Child and Youth Protection Policy
I’m ready to get started
If you have read the Child and Youth protection policy and meet all the minimum requirements to serve as a volunteer, then you will need to complete the following two steps of the approval process before you begin.
1. Print the last page of the Child and Youth Protection policy, sign and return it to the church office or the Program Director.
2. As stated in the Child and Youth Protection Policy, you must also authorize Palma Ceia Presbyterian to conduct a background check. To complete this process online, click on the following link or cut and paste this into your web browser: www.ministryopportunities.org/palmaceia
If you are unable to complete the online process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address and phone contact information so a paper authorization form can be provided to you.
If you have any concerns about the information that will be obtained on the background report, please review the details about the information that will be reviewed in the Child and Youth Protection Policy. You may also email your concerns and contact information to email@example.com and the Church Administrator will contact you.
Once you have completed the two steps above you are ready to begin volunteering. If there are any concerns regarding the results from the background screening, the Church Administrator will contact you. No news is good news and you can join a team approximately 1 week after completing the requirements above.
If you have not already been contacted and scheduled to volunteer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and list the areas or ages of children or youth you would like to work with and the appropriate program director will get in touch with you.
Thank you! Palma Ceia Presbyterian’s Children and Youth look forward to your participation!